Wawa in Context of Newtown's Comprehensive Plan
In this episode, Michael Horbal, a resident of Newtown makes comments about the proposed Wawa convenience store and gas station at the southwestern corner of Newtown Bypass and Lower Silver Lake Road. Mr. Horbal is concerned that if proposed changes of this nature were considered, developers would start contacting landowners with similar types of properties to see if there was an opportunity to turn their property into a project.
Mr. Horbal's concerns suggest that proposed plans for a Super Wawa on Newtown Bypass must be considered in context of Newtown's Comprehensive plan for the future to assure that it is consistent with the goals of that plan.
- What's Next for Ordinance Amendment to Allow Wawa on Newtown Bypass?... It's Complicated!
- The Newtown Township Planning Commission Stymies Path Forward for Wawa - For Now
- The Hoagies of Newtown vs. Wawa
- Super Wawa Survey Comments
- Residents Present Their Case For and Against a Super WaWa on the Bypass
- Developer and Attorney Present Their Case for a WaWa Superstore on the Newtown Bypass